The Master of Engineering - Space Operations is an applied, non-thesis graduate degree program ideally suited for working professionals involved in military, civil or commercial space operations, payload and mission support, space systems analysis, space systems engineering, and design.
ME SO Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements for regular admission into the Master of Engineering Space Operations program are as follows:
- Baccalaureate degree (BS) in engineering or a related science discipline from an accredited institution.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0 in all college level academic work attempted.
- Evidence of mathematical maturity equivalent to the completion of the following university level course work:
- One semester of calculus
- One semester of calculus- based Physics
- Linear Algebra
- Two years experience in a commercial, civil or government engineering/science career field (preferred)
Students are required to obtain two copies of official transcripts from all academic institutions attended (including UCCS if applicable) as well as three letters of recommendation, and have these sent directly to the EAS College Office.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements for regular admission may be admitted on a provisional basis subject to the recommendations of the Graduate Committee. Currently enrolled UCCS undergraduate engineering students with exceptional academic records may qualify for guaranteed early admission to the graduate program. Please contact the College for more information.
ME SO Degree Requirements
ME SO General Requirements
The ME SO degree program consists of 30 semester hours of course work comprising 24 hours of core courses and 6 hours of specialization electives.
Deviations from the predefined curriculum (including requests for transfer credit) must be approved by the graduate faculty advisor and the Graduate Committee and reflected in the Plan of Study. Course work must be completed with a 3.0 GPA or better, and all course work applied to the program (including any transfer credit) must have been completed no earlier than six years prior to degree completion.