The ALP at UCCS is a “designated agency” approved by the Colorado State Board of Education to provide a one-year program for candidates seeking licensure in one of these areas: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies or World Languages.
We work with self-motivated, committed, resourceful candidates who can readily assume teaching roles in public school classrooms. Ideal ALP applicants are paraprofessionals, substitute teachers, career changers, retired military, OR others who have the background and potential for successfully completing this rigorous, fast-paced program. Those seeking only licensure can complete the program with ten courses. Those seeking an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction need to complete only two more courses within three semesters of completing the ALP.
- Leslie Grant, Ph.D., Associate Professor / Department Chair
- Katie Anderson-Pence, Ph.D., IEE Coordinator, Assistant Professor
- Linda Button, Ed. D., Instructor
- Tim Callahan, M.A., Senior Instructor
- Grant Clayton, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Beth Cutter, M.A., Senior Instructor
- Barbara Frye, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Mary Hanson, M.A., Instructor
- Kylie Swanson Hoyle, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Mark Malone, Ph.D., Department Chair, Professor
- Pat McGuire, Ph.D., Associate Professor / Co-Director UCCSTeach Program
- Monica Yoo, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Applications and Admissions Requirements
Please visit the College of Education website for admissions information.