2017-2018 Catalog 
    May 28, 2024  
2017-2018 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Academic Policies, Course Registration, and Student Records




Office of the Registrar
Main Hall, room 108
Phone: (719) 255-3361
Fax: (719) 255-3116
Enrollment Verification: (719) 255-3387
Transcripts: (719) 255-3376
Tuition Classification: (719) 255-3381
Email: registrar@uccs.edu 


 Course Registration


Registration dates are published in the Academic Calendar  in this Catalog, in the Registration Handbook published each semester, and in the Academic Calendar published on the Office of the Registrar website. Times and details of registration and instructions on how to register for courses via the myUCCS Portal are published in the UCCS Registration Handbook each academic semester. Changes to the course schedule are posted on the Course Information page of the Office of the Registrar website.

Immunization Requirement

        Recreation and Wellness Center
        (719) 255-4444
        Fax: (719) 255-4446
        email: wellness@uccs.edu

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment requires that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide a copy of documented proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR).  Housing students must provide proof of a meningococcal vaccination or booster vaccination within the past five years, or sign the Mandatory Meningococcal Disease Information waiver form prior to move-in. See the Wellness Center under the Student Life and Services  section of this catalog for further information.

Census Date, Adding Courses, and Dropping Courses

Census Date

Census date is the last day to drop full semester length courses without penalty and receive a tuition refund for each course that is dropped. Full semester length courses are courses that meet the full 16 week term in the fall and spring and 8 weeks in the summer. Courses dropped prior to census date are not assigned an official grade. Courses dropped after census date are non-refundable and are assigned with an official grade of “W” (Withdrawn).  

Census Date Guidelines for Short Courses (Intersession or Intensive courses)

Short courses are defined as courses that meet in a nontraditional or condensed pattern within a semester. These courses are often called “intersession” or “intensive” courses. These types of courses have special academic and financial deadlines that differ from full semester course deadlines. Short course deadlines are published on the Office of the Registrar website.

Adding Courses

Students are allowed to add full semester length courses without instructor permission/approval for the first seven days of the fall and spring semesters. In summer semesters, students are allowed to add courses without instructor permission/approval for the first three days of the semester. After the aforementioned deadlines, students must acquire approval from the instructor to enroll in a course. Only the instructor approval to add a course is required until census date.

Dropping Courses

Students may drop courses freely prior to the published census date for each semester and receive tuition refunds for each course dropped. Refer to the census date policy above.

After census date, students may drop full semester courses freely until the 10th week of the fall and spring semesters and the 5th week of the summer semester via the myUCCS Portal.  A grade of “W” will be automatically assigned to courses dropped after census date.

After the 10th week of the fall and spring semesters and the 5th week of the summer semester, courses may not be dropped unless there are circumstances clearly beyond the student’s control (e.g., accident, illness, etc.). In addition to the instructor’s approval, the dean of the college offering the course must approve the drop.  If approved, a Course Change Form or Complete Withdrawal form is required.  If the instructor or dean judges that the situation does not meet the course policy for drops, he/she will not sign the form and the student will not be dropped from the course.  Course Change Forms will not be accepted without required approval and signatures, and the drop is effective the date in which forms are received by the Office of the Registrar.

Students receiving financial aid or veterans benefits must also obtain the signature of the appropriate certifying official.

Tuition assessment for courses added after initial registration, which would result in additional tuition charges, will be added to the student’s bill. Full semester courses added by undergraduate students after each term’s census date are not eligible for the College Opportunity Fund stipend.

Auditing Courses, “No-Credit” Courses

Nonregistered students: Individuals who wish to attend regular session main campus courses and are not currently registered students can contact the Online and Academic Outreach Office to audit courses on a space available basis. To qualify as an auditor, an individual must be 21 years of age or older. Individuals are not eligible to audit courses if they are under suspension from the University. No academic credit is earned.

Registered students: All students attending regular session classes who elect to participate in a class without receiving credit must register for the course and sign up for No Credit (NC grade). The tuition and fees for No Credit courses are the same as for courses taken for credit. In order to register for no credit, the student should complete a Credit Change Form indicating the course for which no credit is desired. Deadlines and rules for registering for and changing a No Credit course are the same as for Drop/Add. No Credit courses appear on the CU transcript with a grade of “NC” and no academic credit is earned. These courses are not eligible for financial aid. Also see Grading Policies and Drop/Add.

Schedule Changes

The University reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or combine scheduled classes and to change instructors.

Enrollment Status

The definitions for full-time/part-time enrollment are as follows:

  1. A full-time undergraduate degree student is one who is enrolled for at least 12 credit hours each semester. Undergraduate degree students are considered part time when they are enrolled for fewer than 12 hours. These criteria also apply for unclassified students without a degree.
  2. A full-time graduate student is one who is enrolled for 5 credit hours of graduate level coursework, or at least 8 credit hours in a combination of graduate and undergraduate coursework acceptable for graduate credit, or any number of thesis/dissertation hours.
  3. Unclassified students with a degree-seeking student loan deferment must be enrolled for 12 credit hours to be considered full-time.

Withdrawal from the University

Withdrawal means that the student is dropping all courses for which he or she is registered for a specific term/semester.

A student will be allowed to withdraw from full semester length courses during the first ten weeks of the fall or spring semester or the first five weeks of the summer term. After this time, a student may not withdraw unless the circumstances are clearly beyond the student’s control; this requires the approval of the instructors and dean of the student’s academic program.

A student receiving financial aid or veteran’s benefits must obtain the approval of the appropriate certifying official. Financial aid may have to be repaid.

The student must obtain approval from the Student Financial Services - Cashier’s office.

A withdrawal becomes effective on the date the withdrawal form, completed by the student and signed by the student’s dean and required certifying officials, is received by the Office of the Registrar. Eligibility for a rebate or refund of the total bill is determined by the date the form is receipted by the Office of the Registrar, NOT the date the student stops attending class.

Unless the student follows these procedures, the withdrawal is not effective and grades of “F” will be recorded for all courses not completed.

Note on short courses: Short courses are defined as courses that meet in a nontraditional or condensed pattern within a semester.  These courses are often called “intersession” or “intensive” courses. These types of courses have special academic and financial deadlines that differ from full semester course deadlines.  Short course deadlines are published on the Office of the Registrar website.

Eligibility to Return Each Session

The University will discontinue a student’s program(s) if there is no enrollment activity for three consecutive semesters.  A student must reapply with the Office of Admissions if they wish to enroll in courses after their program(s) have been discontinued due to no enrollment activity.  Students who are admitted to the University and do not enroll for the semester they are admitted will be discontinued for no enrollment activity.  A student must update their application status or reapply if they wish to attend the University for a future semester.

Degree students should refer to the appropriate school or college section of this Catalog for information regarding eligibility to return.

Non-degree seeking (unclassified) students’ (major code NDLD, NDUD, NDHS or NDDW) continuation is contingent upon maintaining an overall grade point average of 2.0 upon completion of 12 or more credit hours. Failure to maintain the required average will result in an unclassified student being suspended. The suspension is for an indefinite period of time and becomes part of the student’s permanent record at the University. While under suspension, enrollment at the University is restricted to summer semesters.

Unclassified students are not placed on academic probation prior to being suspended.

Graduate Candidate for Degree

Master and Doctoral degree candidates who have finished all coursework must be enrolled in a zero-credit placeholder titled “Candidate for Degree.”  Master or Doctoral degree candidates should register for this zero-credit placeholder the semester in which they will be taking a comprehensive examination, defending a thesis, dissertation, report, or project.  Master or Doctoral candidates will pay the equivalent of 1 credit hour at the graduate, resident tuition rate, plus appropriate fees.  

Residency Classification for Tuition Purposes


(719) 255-3381
1-800-990-UCCS (8227)

A student is initially classified as an in-state or out-of-state registrant for tuition purposes at the time an application and all supporting credentials have been received in the Office of Admissions. The classification is based upon information furnished by the student and from other relevant sources. The requirements for establishing residency for tuition purposes are defined by the law of the State of Colorado (Chapter 23, Article 7, Colorado Revised Statutes, 1973, as amended). After the student’s status is determined, it remains unchanged in the absence of satisfactory evidence to the contrary. Classification standards conform to state statutes and judicial decisions and are applicable to all of Colorado’s state-supported colleges and universities. The student who, due to subsequent events, becomes eligible for a change in tuition classification, whether from out-of-state to in-state or the reverse, has the responsibility of informing the Tuition Classification Officer in the Office of the Registrar after such change occurs, in writing within 15 days. If an adult student or emancipated minor establishes domicile outside of Colorado, he/she is to send written notification within 5 days to the Tuition Classification Officer.

Petitioning for a Residency Classification Change

Any student who is 23 years of age or older, or is an emancipated minor as defined by law, is qualified to change his/her domicile and his/her tuition classification status. Detailed instructions as to the procedure to follow and the necessary petition forms are available from the Tuition Classification Officer, Office of the Registrar. The deadline to submit a Petition for In-State Tuition is the first day of the semester for which the change is requested. 

Classification Notes

  1. Petitions will not be acted upon until an application for admission to the University and complete supporting credentials have been received.
  2. Changes in classification are made effective at the time of the student’s next registration.
  3. A student who willfully gives wrong information to evade payment of the out-of-state tuition is subject to legal and disciplinary action.
  4. Petitions and all required documents must be submitted no later than the following dates prior to the semester for which the change in status is sought.
    1. Fall semesters:  August 1 (or first business day of August)
    2. Spring semesters:  January 1 (or first business day of January) 
    3. Summer semesters:  June 1 (or first business day of June)
  5. Late or incomplete petitions will not be considered until the next semester.

U.S. and Canadian Military/Colorado National Guard/Olympic Waivers of Non-Resident Tuition

Special rules for residency apply to active duty members of the U.S., Colorado National Guard, and Canadian armed forces permanently stationed in Colorado, as well as their dependents; and Olympic athletes in training. Strict deadlines of certification for each semester that one enrolls are enforced for these individuals. Members of the U.S. military, Canadian military, and Colorado National Guard, their family members, and Olympic athletes who are undergraduate students and qualify for a waiver of non-resident tuition ARE eligible for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend. Please contact the Tuition Classification Officer in the Office of the Registrar for details.

Honorably discharged members of the armed forces and their dependents moving permanently to Colorado qualify for in-­state tuition in certain circumstances. Contact the Office of the Registrar for additional information.

 Records and Academic Policies


Individual Academic Records

All credentials (high school and/or college transcripts, test reports, etc.) used for admission become the property of the University of Colorado. When a student has been out of school for five years, the file is destroyed.

The Permanent Record Card showing all academic work done at any of the University of Colorado campuses, including credit courses through Online and Academic Outreach, will be maintained in perpetuity.


Office of the Registrar
Main Hall 108
(719) 255-3361

How Academic Work Is Recorded on Transcripts

Courses are grouped by the semester in which they were taken.

When a college or school is unique to a particular campus of the university (the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences on the UCCS campus) and the student has completed the degree requirements, the degree and field of study will be designated on the transcript as follows:

Example: Degree-BA (date) at CU Colorado Springs Sociology

For students graduating from colleges and schools represented on two or more campuses, there may be no campus designation.

            Example: Degree-BS (date) Business

Students completing a double major will be listed as follows:

Example: Degree-BA (date) at CU Colorado Springs Psychology and Sociology

College of Letters, Arts and Sciences students graduating in Distributed Studies will show all the disciplines used to meet the unique degree requirements:

Example: Degree-BA (date) at CU Colorado Springs Distributed Studies-Fine Arts, History, Communication, and English

Emphases within a major, as well as academic minors (completed at time a degree is awarded) are recorded on the transcript.

General and departmental honors are recorded on the transcript.

How to Order Transcripts

University of Colorado transcripts of student academic records can be ordered through the transcript ordering portal at www.uccs.edu/registrar. Expedited processing (Electronic PDF, FedEx, Same Day Pick Up) and easy online payment are available. Additionally, standard paper transcripts are available and will be processed within 5-7 business days from the date the transcript was requested. Standard paper transcripts are sent via first class U.S. mail.

Currently enrolled Colorado Springs students can view/print their unofficial transcript by accessing their myUCCS portal. Unofficial transcripts are not available to former students or alumni. If you are a former student or alumnus, you will need to request an official transcript through the transcript ordering portal (www.uccs.edu/registrar). 

Transcript orders must be requested using: the online transcript ordering system, an in-person written request, or written request through U.S. mail. The University of Colorado Colorado Springs does not accept transcript requests via fax, email, or telephone. Transcripts are prepared only at the student’s request. Copies of transcripts from other institutions cannot be furnished.

NOTE: Official transcripts will be withheld for students with any outstanding financial obligations to the University, or if any restrictive holds have been placed on their student record.

Please visit www.uccs.edu/registrar/transcripts.html or call 719-255-3361 if you need further assistance.

Course Numbering System

The word preceding the course number identifies the subnect of the course. The first digit in the number indicates in a general way the class level of the course: 1000- level courses are primarily for freshmen, 2000-level courses for sophomores, 3000-level for juniors, 4000- level for seniors and 5000- and 6000-level for graduates.

Level of Courses Numbered 9000-9980:

9000-9290   Lower division, undergraduate
9300-9490   Upper division, undergraduate
9500-9590   Graduate, Level 1
9600-9790   Graduate, Level 2
9800-9980   Other

Catalog Year Policy

The Catalog that governs a student’s graduation requirements is the one in effect at the time of the student’s most recent admission into the college or school of the student’s degree program. However, additional catalog year criteria will be applied based on the criteria below.

  1. Compass Curriculum - The catalog year for the Compass Curriculum will be determined by the semester in which a student most recently matriculates to UCCS as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
  2. College - The catalog year for the College will be determined by the semester of the student’s most recent admission or declaration of intent to seek admittance to the College in which they will be seeking a degree.
  3. Major/Minor - The catalog year for the Major/Minor will be determined by the semester of the student’s most recent declaration of a major or minor. Note that for the professional school programs, the Major and College catalog year may be the same.

Students always have the option of moving to a newer catalog year than the one in which they were initially declared. However, once a student moves to a newer catalog year, they cannot move back to an older catalog year.

Major Declaration

Policy of the Board of Regents requires that students declare a major by the time they have 60 hours toward their current degree or by the start of their junior year.

Final Examination Policy

It is the policy of UCCS to adhere to the final examination schedule as published online in the Registration Handbook each semester. While it may be appropriate not to give a final in some cases, such as laboratory courses, seminars, and colloquia, final examinations should be given in all other undergraduate courses.

Exceptions to this policy should be agreed upon by the faculty member and the chair of the department no later than the beginning of the semester in which an exception is requested. The resulting decision should be announced in writing to students in the class during the first week of classes.

In addition to the principles stated above, the following guidelines should be followed by all faculty members and administrators in order to assure fairness and the best possible educational experience for students:

  1. The scheduled final examination period should be considered an important part of the course and used as a final examination period or for additional instruction.
  2. The final examination in a course should be given as scheduled and not at other times even if the faculty member and all students in a course agree to such a change.
  3. The week of classes preceding the scheduled final examination period should be used primarily for continued instruction and may include the introduction of new material. No hourly examinations are to be given during the week preceding final examinations.
  4. Individual students may be granted a variance from these policies provided the instructor is satisfied that:

a. the exception is based on good and sufficient reasons (such as religious observances), and

b. such an exception for an early or late examination will not prejudice the interests of other students in the course.

  1. When students have three or more examinations on the same day, they will be entitled to arrange an alternative examination time for the first exam or exams scheduled on that day. Such arrangements must be made no later than the end of the 10th week of the semester (i.e., at the end of the drop period). Students will be expected to provide evidence that they have three or more examinations in order to qualify for exceptions.
  2. This policy applies to all undergraduate students, including seniors. Graduating seniors should not be exempted from final examinations. Such exemptions are inappropriate on both procedural and academic grounds.

The actual schedule for final exams appears in the Registration Handbook for the appropriate semester.

Grading Policies

Grades, when posted, are available on the myUCCS Portal at www.uccs.edu.

Grade Symbols
The instructor is responsible for whatever grade symbol (A, B, C, D, F, P, I, or IP) is to be assigned. Special symbols (NC and W) are indications of registration or grade status and are not assigned by the instructor but are automatically converted by the grade application system, explained under Pass/Fail Procedure.

Each College or School individually determines the use of +/- grading.  

Standard Grades Quality Points for Each Hour of Credit
A= superior/excellent 4.0
A(-) = 3.7
B(+) = 3.3
B = good/better than average 3.0
B(-) = 2.7
C(+) = 2.3
C = competent/average 2.0
C(-) = 1.7
D(+) = 1.3
D = 1.0
D(-) =minimum passing 0.7
F = failing 0

Special Symbols

NC indicates registration on a no-credit or audit basis
W indicates withdrawal or drop without discredit
I indicates incomplete-regarded as F if not completed within one year
(Students should be aware that “I” grades are automatically changed to F grades, without formal notification, when the one-year time allowance has passed.)
IP indicates in progress-thesis or dissertation or multi-semester course at the graduate level only
PF indicates the pass/fail option-P grade is not included in the grade point average; the F grade is included; up to 16 hours of pass/fail coursework may be credited toward a bachelor’s degree; a letter grade of D- or above is considered passing

Explanation of Incomplete Grades

Beginning spring 2009, the University of Colorado discontinued the use of an IF or IW for an incomplete grade. Up through fall 2008, students who were assigned a grade of an IF/IW had one year to make up the grade or it would convert to an “F” or “W”. Students assigned an “I” have one academic year to earn a grade. After one year, the “I” will be converted to an “F” and recorded on the student record, without formal notification.

The student must ask for the incomplete grade. An incomplete grade is given only when students, for reasons beyond their control, have been unable to complete the course requirements. It is understood that a substantial amount of work must have been satisfactorily completed before approval for such a grade is given.

If an instructor decides to grant a request for an incomplete (“I”) grade, the instructor sets the conditions whereby the coursework will be completed. The coursework must be completed within a year, but the instructor may also set less time than one year for completion. The student is expected to complete the requirements within the established deadline.

The instructor, with approval of the department, determines if the course should be retaken. If a course is retaken, the student must register for the course and pay the appropriate tuition.

The final grade (earned either by completing the course requirements or by retaking the course) does not result in deletion of the “I” incomplete (or IF or IW grade prior to spring 2009) symbol from the transcript. A second entry is posted on the transcript to show the final grade for the course.

At the end of one year, an “I” grade that is not completed or repeated will be regraded as an “F” grade.  Requests for an extension of time to complete the course beyond the one year deadline cannot be approved.

Pass/Fail Enrollment

Students who wish to register for a course on a pass/fail basis must do so during regular registration.

Changes to or from a pass/fail basis may be effected during the first 12 class days of the fall or spring semesters or the first 6 class days of the summer semester. After this period it will not be possible to change registration unless it is approved by the dean as a specific exception.

Only 6 hours of coursework may be taken as PF in any given semester.

Students should refer to the rules of their particular school, college, graduate program and/or department for additional information regarding the guidelines and limitations of pass/fail registration.

The record of pass/fail registration is maintained by the Office of the Registrar. Academic deans and faculty will not be aware of specific pass/fail registrations. All students who are registered on a pass/fail basis appear on the regular class roster and a normal letter grade is assigned on the final grade roster by the professor. Once grades are Posted in the Student Information System, the PF-designated classes are converted. Grades of D- and above convert to a grade of P. Grades of F remain.

Computing a Grade Point Average (GPA)

The grade point average is computed by multiplying the credit points per hour, (A=4.0, A-=3.7, B+=3.3, B=3.0, B-=2.7, C+=2.3, C=2.0, C-=1.7, D+=1.3, D=1.0, D-=0.7, F=0) by the number of hours for each course, totaling the hours and the credit points, and dividing the latter by the former. For example:


ENGL 1310 3 B 9.0 credit points
PSY 2100 4 C+ 9.2 credit points
HIST 1010 3 B 9.0 credit points
CHEM 1030 5 A 20.0 credit points
  15 hours   47.2 credit points

The grade point average is therefore 47.2 divided by 15, i.e., 3.147.

The grade point received at another institution will not be used in computing the student’s grade point average at the University of Colorado. However, all University of Colorado coursework will factor into the cumulative CU GPA regardless of the campus at which the course was taken.

Grades of P, H, NC, Y,W, IP, I, (IW and IF prior to spring 2009) are not included in the grade point average. “I”s that are not completed within one year are calculated as “F” in the GPA at the end of the one-year grace period.

It is University of Colorado policy that the undergraduate GPA, the graduate non-degree (unclassified) GPA, and the graduate degree GPA are calculated separately as academic careers.

When a student takes a credit course more than once, all final course grades are used in determining the grade point average. However, if a student has passed the same course more than one time, the University will count that course only once when calculating the student’s credit hours earned towards graduation. The only exception to this rule will be in cases where a course is designated in this Catalog as “may be repeated for credit.”

Students should refer to their academic dean’s office for individual grade point average calculations as they relate to academic progress and graduation from their college or school.

Course Challenge Options

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides undergraduate students the opportunity to earn credit for GT Pathways content areas or other degree requirements. A listing of CLEP exam titles, score requirements, UCCS course equivalencies, and GT Pathways categories are available on the Transfer website at http://www.uccs.edu/transfer/transfer-credit-advising/credit-by-exam/college-level-examination-program.html. Contact your academic advisor for additional information and course challenge policies.

Course Challenge Exams provide undergraduate students whose academic content knowledge for a specific course is sufficiently high the opportunity to pass a challenging subject matter examination to earn credit. Students who are interested in taking a course challenge exam should contact the college or department to determine if there is a challenge exam available. Contact your academic advisor for additional information and course challenge policies. 

Writing Competency Requirement for Graduation

(719) 255-4038 or (719) 255-4040

No student will be awarded a bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) unless he or she can demonstrate competency in writing. Students may demonstrate such competency in either of the following ways:

  1. By passing English 1310, fulfilling the other composition course requirements stipulated by their college, and then passing the writing competency portfolio assessment administered after the completion of their final 3 credit hours of composition coursework.
  2. By completing their UCCS writing requirements through the transfer of equivalent written communication courses taken at a major two-year or four-year institution (C- or better), and upon transferring these courses to UCCS, passing the writing portfolio assignment administered by the Writing Program. Students have one year from their initial enrollment to demonstrate competency by earning a pass on the portfolio. Students who do not pass the competency within one year must alternately complete an advanced writing course at the 3000-level. This course will be in addition to other 3000-level composition courses stipulated by their college as part of their degree requirements. The “final” composition course for each undergraduate program is listed below:
  • For LAS, Public Affairs, and Nursing students: ENGL 1410
  • For BUS students: ENGL 3070 or COMM 3240
  • For EAS students: ENGL 3070 or 3090

For further information about the writing portfolio assessment, see the Registration Handbook, or contact the Writing Program at (719) 255-4038.

Transfer students who have completed all composition requirements before enrolling at UCCS should contact the Writing Program concerning the portfolio assessment during their first semester in order to progress toward graduation in a timely manner.

Applying for Graduation (Online Diploma Card)

Undergraduate students:  No fewer than 90 days prior to the date of commencement, students are required to apply for graduation through the myUCCS Portal.  Undergraduate students who have earned 90 credit hours should meet with their academic advisor and complete a senior audit prior to applying for graduation.

Graduate students:  Graduate students who are within two semesters of completing their graduate program should meet with their program director prior to applying for graduation. Visit the Graduate School’s graduation page here: (http://www.uccs.edu/graduateschool/current-students/graduating-this-semester.html)

Commencement Policy

Participation in academic ceremonies that recognize or honor students for the completion of an academic program or specific academic accomplishment is based on the understanding that all requirements have been completed. Every effort will be made to determine eligibility in advance and only students who have met requirements will be permitted to participate.

Commencement exercises for graduates of the summer and fall semesters are held in December. Spring semester commencement is held in May. Graduates will receive diplomas approximately eight weeks after the end of the semester in which the degree is conferred.


Diplomas will carry the designation of the campus where the majority of the academic work was done at the upper division level.

General and departmental honors are shown on the diploma. The discipline is indicated in award of departmental honors.

The Bachelor of Science or Arts (BS or BA) will indicate the field of study, such as business, chemistry, electrical engineering, or physics.  Diplomas do not display emphases within the field of study.  Official transcript will display the emphasis within the field of study or program completed.

In the Graduate School, the degree designation is Master of Arts, Master of Science or Master of Sciences, Master of Engineering, Master of Public Administration, Master of Criminal Justice, Master of Business Administration, Doctorate of Philosophy, Doctorate of Nursing Practice. Transcripts will indicate specific program where appropriate.

Note:  For all diplomas, emphases within a major, as well as academic minors (completed at time a degree is awarded) are not printed on the diploma.