Aug 20, 2018
The Bachelor of Innovation™ in Electrical Engineering will provide students with both the technical and business background to work on innovative electrical engineering-related projects, including the ability to:
- recognize the broader issues in electrical engineering technology-related problems
- understand the technological, business, legal and societal constraints affecting this technology
- communicate the key issues, needs, potential options, and final solution to a challenge
The program seeks to prepare students for successful careers and lifelong learning. In addition to the technical competence to be expected of a graduate with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, students will develop the critical thinking skills, multi-faceted team oriented skills and basic business background to ensure that they can effectively compete in the changing technological career landscape for positions that are unlikely to be out-sourced.
Please visit Bachelor of Innovation™ (BI) Degree for more information about this program.
The Bachelor of Innovation degree in Electrical Engineering requires the following:
- completion of at least 128 credit hours
- participation in the Exit Interview
- a minimum of 2.0 grade point average in all ECE courses and all courses taken at the University of Colorado
- a minimum of 2.0 in , and
The courses for the degree are outlined as follows:
- Innovation Core (27 credit hours, 15 of which are HSS)
- Business Core (15 credit hours, 6 of which are HSS)
- Globalization Core (15 credit hours, all of which are HSS)
Mathematics (18 Credit Hours)
Science (11 Credit Hours)
EE Core (39 Credit Hours)
Electives (9 Credit Hours)
Technical Electives: Select from Electrical and Computer Engineering (3000 level or above) and Computer Science (3000 level or above).