Sep 23, 2018
In addition to the standing minors in the specializations of Art History, Dance, Film Studies, Museum and Gallery Practice, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts, the department offers a cross-disciplinary minor which provides a strong basis in the collaborative aspects of the seven areas comprising Visual and Performing Arts.
- 18 credit hours of course work, 9 of which must be upper-division (3000+ level).
- All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
Complete one of the following.
- VAPA 1020 - Ethnography of Performing Arts
- VAPA 1050 - Visual and Performing Arts Foundation
- VAPA 1100 - Art in Time and Space
- VAPA 1500 - Arts Innovations: Methods and Practices
Complete two of the following.
- VAPA 3900 - Theory and Practice in the Visual Performing Arts (can be taken twice, but must be different topics.)
- VAPA 3910 - Animating the Human
- VAPA 3920 - Folk Arts, Folk Expressions, and Folkscapes
- VAPA 3950 - Sound Art: Creative Sonic Worlds and Practices
- VAPA 3960 - Nationalism, Romanticism, and Melodrama
- VAPA 3970 - The Nordic Legacy
- VAPA 3980 - The Manifestoes of the Avant-Garde
Complete one of the following capstone courses.
- VAPA 3990 - Performance Art
- AH 4980 - Senior Seminar in Art History
- FILM 4980 - Film Capstone: Film Studies Practice
- MUS 4980 - Music Capstone: Senior Thesis
- THTR 4980 - Theatre Capstone: Advanced Theatre Production
- VA 4980 - Professional Seminar
- Complete two courses from two different VAPA areas: Art History, Dance, Film, Museum Studies & Gallery Practice, Music, Theatre, and/or Visual Arts. At least one course must be upper-division (3000+ level).