The Master of Engineering - Space Operations is an applied, non-thesis graduate degree program ideally suited for working professionals involved in military, civil or commercial space operations, payload and mission support, space systems analysis, space systems engineering, and design. Available exclusively online, the ME SO degree program can be completed entirely via distance.
The minimum requirements for regular admission into the Master of Engineering Space Operations program are as follows:
- Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in engineering or a related science discipline from an accredited institution.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0 in all college level academic work attempted.
- Evidence of mathematical maturity equivalent to the completion of the following university level coursework:
- One semester of calculus
- One semester of calculus-based Physics
- Linear Algebra
- Two years experience in a commercial, civil or government engineering/science career field
Students are required to request official transcripts from all academic institutions attended (including UCCS if applicable) as well as three letters of recommendation, submitted by the issuing institution or recommender.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements for regular admission may be admitted on a provisional basis subject to the recommendation of the Program Director. Currently enrolled UCCS undergraduate engineering students with exceptional academic records and previous work experience may qualify for guaranteed early admission to the graduate program. Please contact the College for more information.
The ME SO degree program consists of 30 credit hours of coursework comprising 24 hours of core courses and 6 hours of specialization electives.
Deviations from the predefined curriculum (including requests for transfer credit) must be approved by the graduate faculty advisor and the Graduate Committee and reflected in the Plan of Study. Coursework must be completed with a 3.0 GPA or better, and all coursework applied to the program (including any transfer credit) must have been completed no earlier than six years prior to degree completion.