- Professor: Jackie Berning
- Professor Emeritus: Douglas Swartzendruber
- Associate Professors: Sandy Berry-Lowe, Jeff Broker (Chair), Robert Melamede, Jon Pigage, Andrew Subudhi, and Tom Wolkow
- Assistant Professors: Jeremy Bono, Lisa Hines, and Eugenia Olesnicky Killian
- Senior Instructor: Susan Epperson
- Instructors: Wendy Haggren and Nicole Huber
Programs of Study
A laboratory fee is charged for all Biology courses with formal laboratories and/or field work.
The Department of Biology offers a program for honors in biology to outstanding junior and senior students at UCCS. Individuals wishing to take advantage of this program should contact the department chair at the beginning of their junior year.
Qualifications for admissions to the honors program consist of a minimum grade point average of 3.5 overall. The honors applicant must complete BIOL 9490 to be eligible for the honors program. Through the recommendation of the faculty of the Department of Biology, the successful honor student’s degree diploma will bear the citation “with distinction, or high distinction or highest distinction in Biology.” Honors students are required to form a faculty committee, complete a research project and present the research findings to the Biology Department at a seminar. Consult with a faculty advisor or the department chair for more information regarding the Honors Program.