- Professors: Thomas J. Napierkowski, C. Kenneth Pellow, Joan Ray, and Susan Taylor
- Professor Emeritus: Jeffrey Rubin-Dorsky
- Associate Professors: Debra Dew (Director of Writing Program), Lesley Ginsberg, and Rebecca Laroche (Chair)
- Assistant Professors: K. Alex Ilyasova (Director of Professional/Technical Writing), Katherine Mack, Kirsten Bartholomew Ortega, and Daniel Worden
- Senior Instructors: Juliana Frost, Kathleen Johnson, Cecile Malek, Quentin Martin, Julie Mullebrouck, William Myers, Michelle Neely, Meghan Tifft, and Sarah Treschl
- Instructors: Gina Baldoni-Rus, Cheryl Birkelo, Rachelle Crowder, Jamie Filpi, Tony Friedhoff, Juliana Frost, Stephanie Gordon, Keri Hemenway, Crystal Baye Herald, Justin Jory, Sipai Klein, June Loterbauer, Mia Nussbaum, Rebecca Posusta, Rashna Singh, Marlena Stanford, Thomas Wahl, and Andrea Wenker
Programs of Study
English Department Academic Policies
Levels of Courses
Ordinarily, 1000 level courses are taken prior to 2000 level courses, and so on. Unless otherwise indicated, courses have general prerequisites as follows: for 2000 level courses, 24 prior college credits; for 3000 level courses, 30 college credits; for 4000 level courses, 45 college credits.
Prerequisite for All English Courses
Students must fulfill the ENGL 1310 requirement prior to taking any other English course beyond 1310. For all majors and all tracks, ENGL 2000 is a prerequisite for all other English courses. For English majors, ENGL 2010 is a prerequisite for all other literature courses offered through the Department of English. For non-majors, ENGL 1500 is a prerequisite for all 2000-level and non-major literature courses.
Graduate Course Offerings
In general, courses numbered 4000 may also be taken for graduate credit as a 5000 numbered course. See instructor for details. Courses numbered 5000 and 6000 are for graduate students only.
Honors at Graduation
To graduate with departmental honors in English, a student must compile a 3.75 grade point average in the major and compile a 3.5 grade point average overall.