The Department of Teaching and Learning (T&L) consists of dedicated faculty with extensive teaching experience. We offer programs that prepare educators to embrace equity, model and foster inquiry, and utilize innovative practices that engage students and support them in reaching their fullest potential. We serve current and prospective teachers who seek licensure, endorsements, certificates, and/or graduate level study.
Courses of Study Offered
The Department of Teaching and Learning (T&L) offers unique opportunities for both preservice and in service teachers. Our traditional Teacher Education and Licensure Program (TELP) includes Undergraduate and Post-baccalaureate options in elementary and secondary education. Our secondary education content areas are English, Foreign Language, and Social Studies. Those interested in secondary Math and Science will complete the UCCSTeach program, an inquiry-based program modeled after the highly successful UTeach program. Our Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) is offered for secondary licensure (English, Foreign Language, Math, Science, and Social Studies) with online course availability and a Curriculum and Instruction, MA option. T&L is also home to a variety of certificates, endorsements, and Masters programs.
We prepare teachers, leaders, and counselors who embrace equity, inquiry, and innovation.
- Embrace equity, diversity, and social justice
- Ensure high quality preparation of education and counseling professionals
- Engage in research-based inquiry and practice
- Provide continual professional growth opportunities
- Infuse and enhance the use of technology
- Collaborate with campus and community partners to effect change
- Work across college and university to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Professor: Mark Malone (Chair)
- Associate Professors: Barbara Frye, Leslie Grant, Christi Kasa, and Pat McGuire
- Assistant Professors: Katie Anderson-Pence, Grant Clayton, Lissanna Follari, Kylie Swanson Hoyle, Scott Kupferman, Ji Hyun Oh, and Monica Yoo
- Senior Instructors: Linda Button (Assistant Chair), Timothy Callahan, Beth Cutter, Laura Marshall, and Laura Tuthill
- Instructors: Mary Hanson and Anita Nigam
Programs of Study
Degrees and Licensures
Endorsements and Certificates
- Culturally Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement
- Information Technology Certificate
- TESL/TEFL Certificate
Visit our website for more information on endorsements and certificates program.